Monday, December 5, 2011

Question 1- what I learned

I have learned over the course of the semester that communication begins from the day we are born through the day we die. We develop our individual style of communication based on our gender, culture, language, perception, and interactions with others. Both verbal and nonverbal communication is important to the growth of us as individuals. It is just as important to listen and understand what the other person is saying as well as accepting to their point of view on a given situation. As much as I may not agree with an opposing view point it is important to be able to hear and accept what the other person may be saying so that I have the opportunity to grow as an individual by opening myself up to new ideas and concepts which would normally differ from my own. The main thing I am taking away from this course is that it is up to me to invest in relationship. Make sure to invest in the friendship/relationship otherwise the bond will dissolve overtime. You get out of the relationship the time and effort you put into it.
Thanks Katrina
I hope everyone has a great Holiday break.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katrina,

    I also found this topic interesting because I have a hard time accepting other peoples opinions and views. I am very argumentative and find myself not listening to the other person when we are discussing opposite opinions and views on a subject. This section of the book helped open up my eyes to how I come off to other people, and how I need to be more understanding and accepting to their differing opinions. The section explained the steps in order to engage in dual perspective, and signs for when you are not. Good post!

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete