Sunday, December 4, 2011

Question 2-What was your favorite thing about this class?


2.           I enjoyed the discussion boards and reading everyone’s insight on how they interpreted the readings and related it to their lives. I enjoyed reading this textbook and it was easy to read. I like the fact that I could read a concept like communication in relationships and understand it but then receive a new perspective on the same topic by reading how someone else in the class understood the material. This helped me understand the concept of listening and hearing what people said.
                The least favorite thing about this class was the timed quizzes/ midterm. I personally freeze up when it comes to being timed on a test or quiz. I can’t say why but whenever I take a timed test I get extremely nervous and anxious and can’t think straight. Luckily I have passed all the quizzes but they have had a severe effect on my overall grade. I think quizzes should not be timed or they should be for the same amount of time an individual would receive in a normal sit down class room.
I really enjoyed this course and the only thing that I can think of to improve the class would be not to have the quizzes timed. Otherwise I enjoyed the content and interaction with other individuals.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the topic of this class too! That’s part of the reason why I chose this class. I feel like it is such a useful class, because everyone has relationships and communication is not always something that is known how to be handled effectively. Reading other people’s posts was definitely helpful in furthering understanding in this class. While in a lecture class, people are often intimidated or don’t feel like speaking their mind, the online aspect of this class allowed numerous ideas to be communicated. I also get nervous in regards to timed quizzes, especially since online there are aspects such as the possibility of the internet failing and such. However, when considering the alternative of physically going to a classroom and taking a quiz, still timed, but in front of a teacher with people around to distract me? I’d definitely choose the timed online quiz instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you. I also really enjoyed the discussion questions and the comments. It was cool being able to read how other people interpreted the same concept and it let us have a broader way of thinking about communication. Because a lot of people had different opinions and we were able to understand other people thoughts with still showing respect to everyone but still being able to express how we feel about it to. I also agree about the quizzes I too get nervous during timed test. It makes me get distracted about the time and I find it hard to concentrate on the quiz.

    ReplyDelete