Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Marriage in 50 years

Over the next 50 years I would predict that marriage will become accepted by all states in the U.S. for gays, lesbians and transgender individuals. Of course marriage will still happen between men and women but women will be able to marry women and men will be able to marry men. Currently this is only accepted in a few states but eventually it will be accepted by all of the states and the Federal government will recognize these marriages and allow the spouses to have the same rights as current “men/women” marriages. I also see that when a couple gets divorced and they find new partners they will not be getting married for a second or third time but instead just live together. This will hold true as the population grows older because the couple will need to keep all of their retirement benefits to survive financially. Currently some seniors do not remarry as they need to maintain their social security benefits to live and if they did marry the benefits would decrease.
My sister who is 25 (she will be 26 in January) is getting married this month. I will be 25 in June and will definitely not be married until after I turn 26. My sister and her husband plan on having children in a few years when they are financially stable and I don’t plan on having any children once I get married. My sister and I represent both sides of the statistics mentioned in the text booked.
 In other countries I see the arranged marriage being set aside so that a man and women are no longer forced to marry the individual that their parents made an arrangement for them to marry. This will allow for movement in some social classes while deteriorating other social classes. This will also lead to more intercultural marriages to happen.
Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment